We planted a number of chamomile plants in our front garden which I wrote about in earlier posts Got Qi and Got Qi Update. As these little plants are now rewarding us with a supply of chamomile flowers we have started making cups of chamomile tea directly from the flower heads. I thought it might round out the discussion by sharing how we do this.
- Plant your chamomiles and wait
- Pick the flower heads, approx 1 or 2 tablespoons quantiy
- Place the flowers in a tea strainer in a cup
- Pour boiling water over flower heads into the cup
- Let the heads stand and infuse for a few minutes
- Remove strainer and drink the fresh chamomile tea
- Taste and appreciate the freshness