Listen to the show:
My guests for this second episode of the Staces Place podcast are my regulars Gus Seebeck and Ian Parker before they both take some time away from the podcast; Ian for a week on a cruise and Gus for about a month on a family trip to Ireland. We seem to have crammed a lot into just 24 minutes including:
- We find out more about Gus’ coaching debut for Drummoyne Power Juniors
- Ian has ruled himself out of selection contention for the Pennant Hills Demons Old Boys reunion game
- East Coast Eagles sitting a couple of games clear on top of the table in Sydney Premiership division
- Pennant Hills Demons are finally back on the park this week against the Western Suburbs Magpies; refer to episode 1 for Ian’s whinge on the byes
- Our belated acknowledgement of the impressive debut by the Giants Matt Kennedy (#15) against Essendon last week where he kicked 3 goals, almost unheard of for your first game of seniors footy. See the Giants tweet above about supporters from his home town of Collingullie who attended the game.
- We also marvel at the form of Stevie Johnson who may well go around again for the Giants in 2017 after being cast off from Geelong at the end of 2015
- We honour the debut of Jack Silvagni for Carlton, the third generation Silvagni to play for Carlton
- Ex-Giants Tom Boyd traded to Western Bulldogs last year has got himself disciplined by the club for fighting a team mate
- Will the Swans lose Tom Mitchell who is out of contract at the end of the year?
- We give our assessment of the mooted mid-season trade period.
- The Swans have a tougher road home than the Giants, where will they stand in the rankings come finals in September?
- Are the top eight teams already decided for finals, is it now just a shuffling of positions?